Home Forums 15 Keys Forum Key 4.2- Name a topic that God’s thinking may be different than man’s (other than death and time).

Key 4.2- Name a topic that God’s thinking may be different than man’s (other than death and time).

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Jay 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Raylene
    Participant

Mercy and grace. God thinks eternally while we think short-term. The thoughts I have toward those who have hurt me are sometimes dark, so I’ve been known to assume dreams about those people prophesy their impending doom as God judges them for the hurtful things they’ve done. I pray God shows me how to have a more God-like perspective. He is first interested in their salvation and spiritual growth.

Charlie
    Participant

Besides time and death- grossness. I sometimes see blood and guts in living color in my dreams, but I still really feel they’re from God. On the surface, it would seem like gross thing in dreams make the dream not from God, but if you notice in the scriptures, God addresses not touching corpses, burying excrement, etc. So I’m looking forward to seeing how grossness in prophetic dreams makes sense. I think he sees these things differently than us. Hope I get at least a clue in this course.

Marcie
    Participant

Take up your cross and follow me is not a literal statement, but spiritually that statement holds tremendous weight.

Char
    Participant

<p>I hear so many people say, theres many ways to God. New Age Philosophy would be one examples. They feel  Christians are narrow minded  and feel every way leads to God .They think they can become gods too. It brings to mind  Proverbs 14:12, <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. </span></p>

Rev. Frank
    Keymaster

The intriguing thing about dreams is the challenge to discover what God is saying through symbolism and metaphors. Holy cow…how could my dream of me laying in the street face down and shot be about anything good for me or be edifying? But it was. So a topic? Guess this is another example of the DEATH topic.

nicholas
    Participant

What is good/best for us. Often think I have a grasp on what would be best for me or others…and I am nowhere close! Sometimes in the general vicinity.

Rev. Frank
    Keymaster

That’s really good. Good answer. Happens all the time.

Tina
    Participant

God’s perception of “he who is least among you all will be great” (Luke 9:48b) and “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.” (Mark 9:35b) is many times far different than man’s. Jesus also said “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the Kingdom of Heaven” (Matthew 18:3). No selfish ambition in small children – only humble dependence, trust, believe and faith.

Rev Lynmarie
      Keymaster

I love hearing such wisdom. You are an awesome woman of God!

Jamila
    Participant

This reminds me of when I had a miscarriage. I was so sad. I lost what would of been my only daughter. The night I had the surgery I was deeply sad. I dreamed that Jesus had my baby and He was holding her. He called her “His” and referred to my living twins as “mine”.

God’s thinking was that the baby I lost was His.  My thinking was that the baby I lost was mine. I still can’t even really grasp this concept, but I have peace.

Another dream I had, I was at God’s House. I was there because God was pleased with me. His house was so BIG that in human eyes and understanding it really wasn’t a house at all, it was just an infinite amount of beautiful, luxurious, space. It couldn’t be measured. It was magnificent. I don’t even know what words I could use to describe it except AMAZING. In my human mind, I would think God’s house is like a temple or a church, but its so much more!

This really is an amazing gift that God has given me. Praise the Lord!

Rev Lynmarie
      Keymaster

Your story is so touching and will minister to others in the same circumstance (one fellow student, especially). And the second dream is such a blessing to receive! Oh, to be able to get a glimpse of what God has waiting for us!

Karen
    Participant

The one that comes to mind is pain and hardship. With our earthly vision we see these as negative and as indicators that something is out of whack somewhere, something needs to be fixed. We tend to get down on ourselves, thinking we’ve screwed up somewhere – and of course the enemy LOVES to capitalize on this and twist the knife of condemnation and encouraging us to fret. Pain or hardship MAY be a sign that something is out of whack that we’re responsible for, but it also may be something that God has specifically allowed in order to test and perfect us, and it may also be something that Satan is bringing against us precisely because we’re doing WELL and he wants to stop or discourage that. I think this is probably the hardest area of the Christian life to figure out, it takes so much experience and discernment. I think it’s also the area where Christians tend to judge each other most harshly, thinking the Lord must be disciplining the person if they have pain or trouble in their life. Most unfortunate!

Rev Lynmarie
      Keymaster

Wow- so very well said. Exactly! Agreed! This is a tough area but an important one, especially not to judge. Have you seen the movie Miracles from Heaven? In one place in the movie a church member suggests that the mom or little girl have sinned and that’s why she is sick. I’d love your thoughts on that. Do you think it was helpful or harmful to include?

Deva
    Participant

Grace and mercy towards us and others.

Rev Lynmarie
      Keymaster

You are not only right on, but your comment is prophetic and timely. I’m currently trying to get the truth of that into some loved ones who need it. God told me this week that my name is “God is Judge”. To me, that means He is the ONLY judge, and we all need to put down our gavels!

Kim
    Participant

God’s concept of words is different than ours. We may not think our words are very significant and/or can be retracted easily, yet the Bible tells us words can be sharp arrows that pierce the soul, and they can bring life or death. That’s pretty heavy! I think even most Christians treat words lighter than God does, and I think He remembers our words long after we remember saying them.

sonia
    Participant

Our definitions of (being in) love and friendship vs. God’s definition (selfless without conditions; God is love).

Justin
    Participant

History. God was there and saw what really happened, but from our perspective I think we get a lot of it wrong (or at least how He accomplished what He did). I guess this applies to the future as well – especially with regards to the end times and what they look like (specifically how what the bible tells us will happen, plays out).

Kathleen
    Participant

Our image of who God is affects how we interpret dreams.  Over the years I  too often find my dreams condemning or negative,  only to inquire a biblical interpretation of it and find it reconfirming. More often now I take note of silly meaningless dreams and seek the interpretation,  only to find a nugget. That weird dream was another way God sends his love.

Marcy
    Participant

God’s answers to my prayers and problems are often very different from the solution I would have planned. 🙂

Kayleigh
    Participant

God views people completely differently. We don’t know the full person but God does. He knows their hearts fully. So we may judge a person based on our limited knowledge but God sees them completely differently.

Megan
    Participant

Persecution is viewed as unwanted, and avoidable by man. But God tells those who truly desire to follow him that persecution is necessary and to suffer for Christ sake warrants joy! Not an easy thing to comprehend to most and experiencing it is much more trying.

Angela
    Participant

I would have to say dreams. They’re never as it seems. God’s language in dreams are so profound that it baffles the human mind.

Carolyn
    Participant

To Man, the things which we see are more solid, real and dependable. However, the Bible teaches us that the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18), to walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7) and our battle is not against flesh and blood but against the unseen powers (Ephesians 6:12).

Jay
    Participant

When God holds back something or allows something to happen for our own good this can cause confusion since it’s not what we wanted or doesn’t make sense to us. This has happened to me on occasions where I look back and think I’m glad it happened that way because I didn’t see the whole picture at the time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TheDreamersInstitute.com © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial
X