Home Forums 15 Keys Forum Key 2.1- Share from your personal experience concerning 1 Peter 5:8.

Key 2.1- Share from your personal experience concerning 1 Peter 5:8.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Bayi 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

1 Peter 5:8 tell us to Be alert and of sober mind because our enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

John 10:10 warns us that Satan comes to “kill, steal, and destroy“

Marcie
    Participant

I like how John 10:10 ends…but I (Jesus) have come to give life and that more abundantly. In that verse you can see the contrast of the fruits of the enemy and the fruits of the Spirit. There is no grey area- the contrast is clearly delineated.

In 1 Peter 5:8, to be sober means (to me) to be aware of your thought life; determine if your thoughts line with “life more abundantly” or of “killing, stealing and destroying.” Once we’re aware of our thoughts, we can willfully decide to change our thinking so that it more fully aligns with the fruit of the spirit.

I believe that if we bring our thought life into obedience of the spirit, that any intrusion of the enemy into our life is an unlawful intrusion and thereby God will bring recompense. Where we do not bring our thought life into the obedience of the Spirit, we’ve left an open door for the enemy to lawfully intrude. 11 Cor 10:5-6 speaks to this principle: <span class=”reftext” style=”text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; color: #0092f2; line-height: 14px; margin-left: 1px; margin-right: 2px; vertical-align: text-top; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;”><b>5</b></span><span class=”black” style=”color: #001320; font-family: Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: justify;”>Casting down arguments, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; </span><span class=”reftext” style=”font-size: 11px; color: #0092f2; line-height: 14px; margin-left: 1px; margin-right: 2px; vertical-align: text-top; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;”><b>6</b></span><span class=”black” style=”color: #001320; font-family: Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; text-align: justify;”>And having a readiness to punish all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.</span>

Of course the enemy has manifested in dreams and in my mind’s eye (not sure how to describe mind’s eye)…it’s usually during the lighter realms of sleeping….not quite asleep but eyes closed. He’s even approached me once in my journal time. That was a trip! I was expecting the voice of the Lord and instead it was an imposter.

Marcie
    Participant

I like how John 10:10 ends…but I (Jesus) have come to give life and that more abundantly. In that verse you can see the contrast of the fruits of the enemy and the fruits of the Spirit. There is no grey area- the contrast is clearly delineated.

In 1 Peter 5:8, to be sober means (to me) to be aware of your thought life; determine if your thoughts line with “life more abundantly” or of “killing, stealing and destroying.” Once we’re aware of our thoughts, we can willfully decide to change our thinking so that it more fully aligns with the fruit of the spirit.

I believe that if we bring our thought life into obedience of the spirit, that any intrusion of the enemy into our life is an unlawful intrusion and thereby God will bring recompense. Where we do not bring our thought life into the obedience of the Spirit, we’ve left an open door for the enemy to lawfully intrude. 11 Cor 10:5-6 speaks to this principle: 5Casting down arguments, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6And having a readiness to punish all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Of course the enemy has manifested in dreams and in my mind’s eye (not sure how to describe mind’s eye)…it’s usually during the lighter realms of sleeping….not quite asleep but eyes closed. He’s even approached me once in my journal time. That was a trip! I was expecting the voice of the Lord and instead it was an imposter.

Charlie
    Participant

This verse is the devil’s best kept secret, that he’s alive and well and coming after us, especially those of us who pose a threat to him and his troops. The higher I go in seeking the Lord, the more flack I seem to encounter. Sometimes I just have to sense that Satan and his forces are at work against me, and sometimes God makes it really clear.

Once someone had somehow cursed me.  A coffin was used as a symbol in the dream, and the person delivering it was what I thought was a friend at work. Soon thereafter, this person betrayed me with lies. When my boss called me in and I explained myself, he could see that I was innocent and the other guy was attacking me for some reason. I knew that Satan was using him as he knew things he would have no way of knowing except through the demonic realm.

Raylene
    Participant

Thank you, Marcie. That really ministered to me today! Right on.

When I read that verse just now, the words “roaring lion” pop out. I never noticed that before. So why does a lion roar? To intimidate his prey, right? So what comes to mind are the times the devil has set up situations for me that he knows from experience may pull me in. Satan knows about my struggle with fear and doubt that God will provide, so he will tempt me to compromise. Then, if I do, it’s like I’m down on the ground while he comes closer and bad things sometime follow. This has happened to me too many times.

Char
    Participant

I come from this big Italian family. I’m the only born again one in my family. I have six siblings and WOW  that is where the enemy has side wanged me so many times. There all a certain denomination. Myself and my hubbie are not.There really into those traditions  REALLY A LOT! Because I love them and want them to be saved  I have attempted to witness to them. So far , well! I think maybe God may use some non family members. There’s a whole lot of issues because there’s a whole lot of people. They of course always look at your past, and so many of them know how to push your buttons. And push them as often as they can. The enemy has stolen , and destroyed people in my family through many inherited things. He has killed relationships . But God! I know God can and will redeem my family. This is where I always have to be sober and alert.

Rev. Frank
    Keymaster

There was a time in my life where I actually didn’t give much credence to the devil. I thought the power of the devil was nonsense which actually came from the notion that I once held that the “Spirit of God” wasn’t tangible either.

Wow, what a shocker when I discovered the hard way that not only is the devil alive (walking dead!) but so is the Holy Spirit! Ever been pressed to your knees begging God to intervene and save you from the wiles and plan of the devil?

Take it from me, the devil is not only alive and well and doing exactly what God says he’s doing in that verse, and he will take your head off IF you allow him to. If you think you are any match for him WITHOUT GOD’S HELP AND POWER… abandon the thought and save yourself much grief. God’s word is true, believe it.

nicholas
    Participant

A friend of mine hurt me and after spending too much time pondering it over responded in a very selfish way which is much align with today’s notion of do what’s best for you. Well, that isn’t friendship and when I realized how stupid/selfish I had been over something that really shouldn’t have been a big deal that was my “oh” moment. Lots of really bad counsel whispered in my ear

Rev. Frank
    Keymaster

You’re on the right track. Many times the enemy will prompt us to act or react too quickly which results in getting ourselves in trouble. I’ve done exactly the same thing.  Still growing in slowing down and discerning that the devil may have set up the situation to cause trouble.

Jamila
    Participant

Well, in my dreams whenever there is a satanic force there in the form of a scary looking person, they always are scary looking and make a lot of threats but they never can touch me. The Bible refers to Satan as a “toothless” lion. He makes a bunch of noise but as long as you stay focused on God and His word, the lion can’t touch you….

Rev Lynmarie
    Keymaster

Right on. Clawless as well. Good to know you have a good understanding of this!

Tina
    Participant

I remember a dream I had once. Me and one of our sons were alone in the house that evening. I was tired and went to bed. In the dream I saw a big baboon standing in our house. Even in the dream I knew that this was not a natural baboon, but a manifestation from the dark side. I woke up, but even clearly awake, I could sense the demonic presence in our house. Then the Lord reminded me of something that He shared with me many years back: To make contact with Him and to become aware of His Presence. The moment I did that, the presence of the evil forces disappeared and exactly the opposite happened. The LORD manifested His Presence and the whole house was filled with His peace.

Rev Lynmarie
      Keymaster

Glad to hear you tapped into that successfully! I have certainly heard many stories from folks who didn’t realize that opportunity. In a couple of cases for me personally- the ones with the most clear demonic presences where I literally either saw or heard a demon- I feel like I was given the GIFT of peace. No way I could have conjured it up. It was an unearthly peace, definitely the peace that passes understanding!

Tina
    Participant

Amen! I know what you are talking about. It is definitely not a natural peace, but something Supernatural that only God can give. It encourage me so much to know that children of God can be in different countries and our faithful, loving God works His same working in us. thank you for sharing that with me!

Rev Lynmarie
      Keymaster

Speaking of different countries, I see you are in the Johannesburg area of South Africa. In March, our son is heading to South Africa on a 2-week tour leading worship for youth. The world is getting smaller- PTL.

Tina
    Participant

Amen! Praise the Lord! Where are they going to sing and do they have accommodation yet in the Johannesburg and Pretoria area? if not, how many are they?

My husband and me are the pastors of two small house churches (One In Christ Ministries) – one is in Weltevredenpark, Roodepoort and the other in Centurion, Pretoria.

Deva
    Participant

I have to agree with Rev Frank about reacting too quickly. My problem is sometimes reacting from my emotions. This doesn’t always allow for resting in the peace of God or trusting in God, which is a problem. The scripture says that Satan comes to steal. Sometimes getting us to react quickly and in our emotions is his way of stealing our peace.

Karen
    Participant

The best example I can think of where the Lord has made me aware of the need to be self-controlled and on the alert is regarding the use of my tongue! The Lord gave me some special help with this about a year and a half ago when a prophetic word was spoken over me, which was:  “The Lord will make it clear to you when to speak and when to be silent, [louder] when to speak and when to be silent, [LOUDER] WHEN TO SPEAK AND WHEN TO BE SILENT, and you will speak only those words that the Lord gives you to say.” Obviously the Lord wanted to get my attention (!), and I know a witness of 3 is to especially confirm something. This instruction has been particularly important in the circumstances that followed, and it has reminded me frequently to be careful and LISTEN to the Lord before I speak something that could have important consequences – not that I always have, I’m sorry to say. But I’m learning! 🙂 Also of help in this regard has been keeping in mind Proverbs 31:26, “She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.”

Rev Lynmarie
      Keymaster

Beautiful! And so true! Sometimes what we DON’T say, or what we say, or HOW we say it, or WHEN we say it can make ALL the difference! It can be to prevent the devils’ plan or bring forth the Lord’s.

The Lord showed me similarly during one difficult time to WEAR HUGE EARS and point them like a satellite to His Voice. I literally pictured myself that way for a couple of weeks, just waiting for how he wanted to use me in the situation. Because of taking His advice, a soul was saved!

Kim
    Participant

“Seeking whom he may devour” also shows he can’t devour just anybody he wants to devour. He can only devour us if we ALLOW him to do that. When we believe his lies, we give him opportunity against us. When we stand on truth and resist him, he has to flee. Our authority is in Christ. He has already defeated the devil legally, but we must rely on instructions from the Holy Spirit and supernatural insight in the Word to defeat him experientially.

Bernard
    Participant

Ive had several occasions when I found myself under Satanic attack whilst asleep These would always play out as me being in a little rowboat then a huge great whites shark would suddenly rise up and swamp the boat. At this point I would awake with the a sense of evil in the room. At which I would sit up and profess the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ to the presence and find it would disperse. This as happened many time but on apply the blood, the enemy was dispersed.

Marcy
    Participant

When I was very young I had a repeated nightmare of a dragon chasing me around the outside of my home. I was always able to slip inside and run to my parent’s closet and hide, although I could still see (from the inside of the closet) the dragon roaring and running around the house. The Lord showed me a few years ago that the closet was a prayer closet and that although the enemy was trying to destroy God’s destiny for me, He preserved and hid me in the Secret Place (Ps 91).

Kayleigh
    Participant

I have had several dreams growing up that were from the demonic. As a child they were used to scare me. Now having educated myself on the devil and on dream interpretation, it’s pretty easy to figure out dreams from the enemy. Now I can just disregard the dreams and not let the enemy have power over me.

Megan
    Participant

The word prowl immediately sticks out. It means to move around RESTLESSLY and STEALTHILY SEEKING PREY. Restlessly means he is never ceasing in his search and not easily caught off guard, he doesn’t, stop, rest, or give up. While we are in our beds sleeping he’s awake and scheming and working. To me this means I must constantly stay covered by the blood, seek God and pray without ceasing. Smith Wigglesworth said “I never pray longer than 15 minutes at a time, but I never go longer than 15 minutes without praying”. Scripture says don’t go to bed angry. I believe this is because even over just a short 7 hours of sleep that seed of anger can be watered by the enemy. So we must stay focused and keep Jesus upfront at all times.

Anonymous

I’ll have to think about this one. Sometimes it feels like he’s always after me, so there might be too many to list? More than anything, I struggle with how we are to love our enemies. Oftentimes I let my guard down around an enemy (trying to love them) then I wind up regretting it deeply when their fangs come out and they take a chunk out of me. This is a recurring problem in my life. I am very confused over loving enemies vs self protection. The love I show my enemies never seems to change them or win them over. I wonder sometimes if the greek word enemy is referring to a certain “type” of adversary. Like perhaps not every adversary you have is worth loving to that degree. Meaning….maybe some are so harmful, God grants us the desire to walk away in self-protection mode? I remain confused. Every time I say “ok…I’ll respond to their request because it’s the christian thing to do”….. I walk away spiritually battered and bruised.

KARLA
    Participant

I’ve had my fair share of attacks from the demonic realm, and many from people who were close to me.  Yes, I believe the enemy is a roaring lion, craving our destruction!  I’ve also learned the power of the blood of Christ overcomes all.  And, the more I’ve removed myself from destructive people and healed from the damage (learning to avoid the same patterns and types of people), the less power the enemy has over my life.

I’ve moved into a space where I try not to give the enemy too much credit. I’ve learned the enemy’s “power” is making itself look big and important; it is often all smoke and mirrors…intimidation and foolish games.  Rebuking the enemy works!  And it gets easier and easier to rebuke the enemy, focusing on the *real* power of the Lord.

Mich
    Participant

This scripture should be plastered on every Believer’s wall!  Yes, the enemy is relentless at desiring to steal, kill and destroy.  The Bible is very clear on our position so that we can be several steps ahead of the attack(s).  I will choose one particular time during a difficult season in my life where I had to seek the Lord because it seemed like I was in the midst of spiritual warefare.  As I prayed, I asked God to reveal to me in that moment what he saw in the Spirit realm.  Then, I saw a vision and in that vision I was looking at a house surrounded by several wolves trying to find a way to get inside.  My prayer intensified as my suspicions of what was happening was made clear by the Holy Spirit.  I praised God for his immediate answer and stayed in prayer.

Florence
    Participant

Four years ago, Mom shared a dream with me.  She’d dreamt that she saw a snake under her armpit that would rear its head and then hide it. It repeated several times.

We were seated in the evening having dinner and I knew this was a demonic attack. My mom is from a denomination that does not believe in the filling with the Holy Spirit and doesn’t believe that God talks through dreams. So I did not tell her to pray because it would have resulted in an argument.  I went outside and prayed that the powers of darkness would not accomplish their plan against her. An hour later, Mom started feeling dizzy and she became very ill.  It was late at night and we rushed her to the hospital.  All the while I kept praying for her life and declaring that she would not die.  At the hospital we were informed that she had increased blood pressure and had we not rushed her to the hospital, it would have resulted in a stroke or even been fatal.  I thank God that I was alert and prayed as soon as she shared her dream.  Later might have been too late.

Bayi
    Participant

The devil is busy and dedicated to destroying divine destinies, seeking any open door he may find into lives to slow spiritual progress, to destroy futures and to kill. The devil never sleeps, never rests. I am very much aware of that truth on a daily basis since I have been through the most intense spiritual battles in the last 3 years of my life. The devil intended to destroy me but God turned each trial around into an opportunity to equip me spiritually and teach me my authority in Christ and give me victories and testimonies for His glory. But it required and still requires for me to stay vigilant and remain in God’s presence always.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MY BADGES

15 KEYS STUDENT FORUM

MODULE 1 KEY #2

Follow by Email
Facebook
Twitter
RSS feed
© The Dreamers Institute.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
TheDreamersInstitute.com © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial
X